Matthias Becker is a Ph.D. student in Computer Science at MIRALab at the University of Geneva. He obtained his M.Sc. in Computer Science from the Leibniz Universität Hannover, Germany, in 2011. His research interests include medical imaging techniques, image filtering, segmentation, and deformable models. He currently works on the EU research project MultiScaleHuman.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, at Welfenlab, Leibniz University Hanover, Germany, 2011.
- Best paper award at IEEE BIBM 2014.
Phone: +41 22 379 0954
- Chincisan, A., Tecante, K., Becker, M., Magnenat-Thalmann, N., Hurschler, C., & Choi, H. F. (2016). A computational approach to calculate personalized pennation angle based on MRI: effect on motion analysis. International Journal Of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, 11(5), 683–693. doi:10.1007/s11548-015-1251-9 Details
- Becker, M., Nijdam, N., & Magnenat-Thalmann, N. (2016). Coupling strategies for multi-resolution deformable meshes: expanding the pyramid approach beyond its one-way nature. International Journal Of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, 11(5), 695–705. doi:10.1007/s11548-015-1241-y Details
- Becker, M., & Magnenat-Thalmann, N. (2015). Muscle Tissue Labeling of Human Lower Limb in Multi-Channel mDixon MR Imaging: Concepts and Applications. Computational Biology And Bioinformatics, IEEE/ACM Transactions On. Details
- Becker, M., & Magnenat-Thalmann, N. (2014). Muscle Tissue Labeling of Human Lower Extremities in Multi-Channel mDixon MR Imaging: Concepts and Applications. In IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM). Details
- Juan, D. G., Delattre, B. M. A., Trombella, S., Lynch, S., Becker, M., Choi, H. F., & Ratib, O. (2014). Open framework for management and processing of multi-modality and multidimensional imaging data for analysis and modelling muscular function. In SPIE Medical Imaging 2014: Image-Guided Procedures, Robotic Interventions, and Modeling. Details
- Becker, M., & Magnenat-Thalmann, N. (2014). Deformable Models in Medical Image Segmentation. In 3D Multiscale Physiological Human . Springer. Details
- Choi, H. F., Chincisan, A., Becker, M., & Thalmann, N. M. (2014). Multimodal Composition of the Digital Patient: a Strategy for the Knee Articulation. The Visual Computer, Vol. 30(No. 6-8), 739–749. Details
- Assassi, L., Becker, M., & Magnenat-Thalmann, N. (2012). Dynamics skin deformation based on biomechanical modeling. In 25th Annual Conference on Computer Animation and Social Agents (CASA 2012), Details