"Dance for all using advanced e-learning tools"
Period: October 2002 - October 2004
Type: European Research
The key objectives of the project are:
- e-Learning Requirements for Traditional Dance Events: to define the learning requirements and derive educational (curricula) specifications relating to traditional dances, in different educational settings (i.e., in secondary schools in the UK and Greece)
- Tools for Traditional Dance Learning: to design, develop and test an interactive Learning Environment, that will address the above e-Learning requirements
- Pedagogical/Didactical Methodology: to provide the pedagogical/didactical methodology framework to support both the learner and the teacher in achieving their educational and training needs.
- Learning Resources: to provide original, reusable learning material of European added-value in order to support the pilot implementation and the demonstration of the learning environment
- Assessment and Validation: to provide evidence for issues such as efficiency, scalability and cost effectiveness from the pilot implementation and use of the learning environment system in different learning settings
- Generalisation: to contribute to the standardisation efforts in the area of dance e-education.
MIRALab will act as an informal partner with contribution to the technological part of the project, and particularly in the context of dance event digitisation and visualisation.
MIRALab, University of Geneva
The 2nd High School of Mytilene
The English Folk Dance and Song Society
The Hafland Hall Community School
The University of Cyprus
The University of Hertfordshire
The University of the Aegean
The Vytautas Magnus University