"Platform For Animation And Virtual Relity"
Period: November 1996 - November 2000
Type: European Research
PAVR (Platform for Animation and Virtual Reality” is a large European project covering various aspects of computer animation funded under the EU Training and Mobility of Researchers. The proposed software platform will be unique in its objectives:
* to provide to the animator facilities for automatic creation of animation
* to provide facilities for controlling or guiding virtual moving objects by speaking in a microphone
* to provide motion synthesis with: biomechanical models, physics-based modeling, state feedback control, optimization, identification and learning
* to extract 3D objects cleanly from photographs and video sequence and motion parameters from magnetic motion capture
* to provide access to the facilities across broadband networks.
MIRALab’s main task is the collision detection between deformable objects, but we are also involved in facial animation and immersive construction and manipulation of 3D objects.
Ecole des Mines de Nantes
Ecole Polytechnique Féderale de Lausanne, Virtual Reality Laboratory (VRLab)
Computer-Industry Research Center
Inria equipes SIAMES
MIRALab, University of Geneva
Technical University of Vienna
Universite Joseph Fourier
University de las Islas Baleares
University of Bath
University of Glasgow