"Multi-scale Biological Modalities for Physiological Human Articulation"
Period: October 2011 - September 2015
Type: European Research
The goal of Multiscale Biological modalities for physiological human articulation (MultiScaleHuman) is to research by training a body of early stage researchers (ESR) and experienced researchers (ER) in the creation of a multi-scale biological data visualization and knowledge management system for improved understanding, diagnosis and treatment of physiological human articulation. MultiScaleHuman will narrow its ambitious research towards a very important and challenging healthcare problem of MSD and related disorders.
MIRALab, and Prof. Nadia Magnenat-Thalmann, are the coordinator of MultiscaleHuman project.
- Chincisan, A., Magnenat-Thalmann, N., Choi, H. F., Lynch, S., & Hurschler, C. (2016). Digital patient modelling: biomechanical representation of the human knee joint from multimodal data. In Proceedings of the 33rd Computer Graphics International (pp. 117–120). ACM. http://doi.org/10.1145/2949035.2949065 Details
- Pitikakis, M., Chincisan, A., Magnenat-Thalmann, N., Cesario, L., Parascandolo, P., Vosilla, L., & Viano, G. (2016). Automatic measurement and visualization of focal femoral cartilage thickness in stress-based regions of interest using three-dimensional knee models. International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, 11(5), 721–732. http://doi.org/10.1007/s11548-015-1257-3 Details
- Becker, M., Nijdam, N., & Magnenat-Thalmann, N. (2016). Coupling strategies for multi-resolution deformable meshes: expanding the pyramid approach beyond its one-way nature. International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, 11(5), 695–705. http://doi.org/10.1007/s11548-015-1241-y Details
- Chincisan, A., Tecante, K., Becker, M., Magnenat-Thalmann, N., Hurschler, C., & Choi, H. F. (2016). A computational approach to calculate personalized pennation angle based on MRI: effect on motion analysis. International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, 11(5), 683–693. http://doi.org/10.1007/s11548-015-1251-9 Details
- Becker, M., & Magnenat-Thalmann, N. (2015). Muscle Tissue Labeling of Human Lower Limb in Multi-Channel mDixon MR Imaging: Concepts and Applications. Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, IEEE/ACM Transactions On. Details
- Juan, D. G., Delattre, B. M. A., Trombella, S., Lynch, S., Becker, M., Choi, H. F., & Ratib, O. (2014). Open framework for management and processing of multi-modality and multidimensional imaging data for analysis and modelling muscular function. In SPIE Medical Imaging 2014: Image-Guided Procedures, Robotic Interventions, and Modeling. Details
- Becker, M., & Magnenat-Thalmann, N. (2014). Muscle Tissue Labeling of Human Lower Extremities in Multi-Channel mDixon MR Imaging: Concepts and Applications. In IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM). Details