"Integration of 3D Body Measurement, Advanced CAD and E-Commerce Technologies in The European Fashion Industry"
Period: February 2000 - February 2003
Type: European Research
The aim of this project is to develop advanced infrastructures for Virtual retailing services of customised clothing:
- a European Sizing Infrastructure, to solve the sizing problem (non-uniformity of size designations)
- an advanced Customised Clothing Infrastructure enabling the production and distribution of custom-made garments at reasonable prices, in short time and with a close to perfect fit (intelligent pattern alteration software, order custering and CAD standards)
- an innovative Virtual Shopping Infrastructure enabling customers to visualise realistic models of themselves wearing clothes on offer at e-kiosks and Internet shops (Virtual Try-on)
- Generic body representations and standards (European Anthropometric Database)
- Smartcard applications, securing data privacy
- Integration of current state-of-the-art systems (3D scanners, MTM CAD, Virtual Shopping applications) in the form of across the value-added chain demonstrators.
MIRALab’s involvement is related to the development of an advanced clothing simulation software and a web based virtual fitting room.
Athens Technology Center
Bernhardt Men's Fashion International
MIRALab, University of Geneva
Nottingham Trent University